Work directly with Public Finance Department of nationally recognized law firm, with primary responsibility for arbitrage rebate analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop business through contact with current and prospective arbitrage rebate clients
- Work with clients and others to identify and obtain information relevant to arbitrage rebate analysis
- Analyze, through reviews, calculations, tests, and reconciliations, all relevant information
- Create, use, and modify various spreadsheet calculation models
- Prepare and complete final documentation in the form of opinion report addressed to clients and other interested parties, with supporting calculations attached
- Maintain data files for future use
- Work directly with Public Finance Department attorneys on tax and quantitative projects, as needed
- Background in accounting and/or finance required; CPA preferred
- Experience with Internal Revenue Code Section 148 and its associated regulations and procedures as they pertain to arbitrage would be helpful, but not required
- Ability to calculate investment yield on a fund or investment from bank statements or similar source documents
- Familiarity with general finance concepts like present value is required
- Understanding of municipal bond structures would be helpful
- Strong organization and recordkeeping skills are a must
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.