Business Development Proposal Specialist (Public Finance)
Join Kutak Rock’s growing business development team and help our national Public Finance Department manage its proposal writing and submission process. Kutak Rock’s national Public Finance Department—with more than 100 attorneys practicing in 14 of the firm’s 18 offices—is a leader in the representation of state and local governments and authorities, nonprofit organizations, financial and investment institutions in municipal bond transactions.
Qualified candidates will be well-organized and task-focused, possess a strong work ethic and work well under pressure. They are exceptional communicators, orally, in email and interpersonally. They have an excellent grasp of the English language, can develop persuasive narrative responses that are succinct and responsive, and are masters of grammar and style.
A Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing or Communications with 5+ years of experience in a law firm or other professional services firm plus a high proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and content database systems is required. Previous proposal writing experience for a law firm is strongly preferred.
This position can be located in the following Kutak Rock office locations: Atlanta, Chicago, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Omaha or Scottsdale. This is an in-office position and remote, fractional or freelance situations are not being considered.
- Assisting with the writing, production and delivery of client-focused proposals, qualifications statements and presentation materials in response to RFPs and other opportunities for new business
- Assist with management of the proposal content library, including ongoing editorial maintenance and quality control of all materials used in RFP responses
- Soliciting representative transaction detail from attorneys
- Build and maintain relationships with other departments that contribute to RFPs, such as the firm’s General Counsel, Accounting, Human Resources and IT
- Packaging proposals for delivery
Well-qualified candidates will possess:
- A post-secondary degree, preferably in English, communications or marketing
- 3+ years’ experience drafting dynamic, persuasive content, with preference to candidates who possess law firm or similar, professional services experience
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong work ethic, service orientation and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues throughout the firm, office and firm management and outside business partners
- Attention to detail; ability to exercise independent judgment and to use critical feedback to improve performance
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines, professionally navigate stress surrounding deadlines and negotiate deadlines with attorneys and contributing departments throughout the firm
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.