Under the direction and supervision of the Real Estate attorneys, this position will assist attorneys in various aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including documentation, due diligence, closing and post-closing activities for acquisitions, dispositions, financings, leasing, development and construction projects.
Essential Job Duties
- Order and review title commitments, exception documents and surveys; interfacing directly with title companies and surveyors to resolve any issues or discrepancies.
- Administration of contract critical dates and preparation and administration of closing checklists.
- Coordination of and assistance with closings, including review and/or preparation of conveyance documents, closing statements, transfer tax forms, and escrow release documentation.
- Attending to post-closing requirements, including preparation of closing indices, preparation and organization of closing binders, and monitoring of post-closing deliveries and other requirements.
- Preparation of correspondence and memoranda.
- Preparation of initial draft documents for attorney review, including estoppel certificates.
- Preparation of lease and loan document abstracts.
- Preparation of UCC financing statements.
- Attention to organizational and authority documents.
- Ordering of UCC lien searches and preparation of summaries of lien search results.
- Coordination of recording of documents in various counties and states.
- Preparation of escrow closing instructions.
- Preparation of document exhibits and assistance with document assembly.
- Researching of state and local transfer tax, recording and document execution obligations and requirements.
Essential Job Applicant Attributes
- Proven analytical and organizational skills. Ability to pay close attention to detail and follow up requirements.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task and prioritize work flow.
- Proven ability to problem solve, think independently and tackle projects with appropriate supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with colleagues, clients and opposing parties.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability and aptitude to work with numbers, calculations, etc.
- As this position is in a transactional area, the individual may need to be flexible to work additional hours as needed.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills, including knowledge of EXCEL and WORD including the ability to merge files and databases, and the ability to conduct on-line research of public offices for tax, recording, zoning and other information.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree, or comparable experience preferred.
- Five to eight years of previous experience in commercial real estate transactions/closings, including experience with acquisitions, dispositions, financings, leasing, construction and development.
Desired Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Notary Public license.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.