The Legal Support Specialist provides support to attorneys throughout the office in collaboration and coordination with other staff members. The selected candidate will be proficient in Windows 10 and Microsoft Office products, including Office 2013, and be willing and able to learn new software platforms unique to Kutak Rock and adapt to changing technology on a continuing basis. The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented professional, have the ability to work well under the pressures of deadlines, prioritize and multitask, and have the ability to move from one project to another. In addition to excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ideal candidate will also have an aptitude to interface with clients, lawyers, and staff.
- Discretion and maintenance of firm and client matters in strictest confidence
- Coordinates workflow for attorneys, delegating specific task to other teams, including follow up and quality control
- Types, transcribes, revises, and proofreads legal documents accurately, prioritizes assignments, and meets specific deadlines on projects
- Assists with compiling transcripts, reviewing, summarizing, and coding pertinent documents
- Prepares and processes new matter forms, requests conflict checks, and opens new files
- Answers telephones and covers for others when needed
- Coordinates client billing matters, prepares billing letters and other requested client financial update
- Assists lawyers with time and expense records for submission to Accounting Department
- General office duties such as preparing copies, scanning, printing emails, and documents
- Handles heavy filing, organizes and maintains extensive sets of files, both paper and electronic
- Reads and routes incoming and internal mail; assembles large mailings
- Serves as cross functional point of contact for special projects to support workflow in the firm
- Must be flexible with hours when work demands
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: Skills & Abilities
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work well under the pressures of deadlines, prioritize and multitask, and have the ability to move from one project to another
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Powerpoint and Excel
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 10, including Microsoft Office 2013
QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years of legal administrative support preferred; and law firm experience preferred and/or training
Benefits offered include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Dependent Life, Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance. Flexible Spending Plan. Health Savings Account. Profit-Sharing and 401(k) Retirement benefits. Paid Holidays and Paid-Time Off Plan. Employee Assistance Program. Tuition Reimbursement. Back-Up Care. Domestic Partner Benefits. Commuting Benefits. Some of the foregoing benefits include Employer/Employee cost sharing.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Kutak Rock requires all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to a state or local exemption procedure, or a reasonable accommodation for a bona fide medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief if accommodation does not cause Kutak Rock an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace and/or to the candidate who requested the accommodation.
About the Firm
Kutak Rock was formed in 1965 with a commitment to exceptional client service delivered with a collaborative, team-focused approach. Our founding charter commits the firm to “allow and encourage each individual within it to be a full person,” and we strive to offer an exceptional professional environment, intellectually challenging and engaging work in multiple disciplines, competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for training and career development. We are a leading national law firm with locations in 19 cities united by our common commitment to our core values of client service; integrity and fairness; innovation; and inclusiveness and diversity.
We are dedicated to the maintenance of a respectful, collegial, communicative, and equal opportunity workplace that encourages and rewards innovation and entrepreneurship. We measure our success not just on the basis of our revenues or our profits, but by the satisfaction we deliver for our clients and the health, engagement and loyalty of our people.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.