Kutak Rock LLP is a national law firm of more than 500 lawyers with offices from coast to coast. Our firm serves local, regional and national clients in a practice that spans a wide range of disciplines.
The firm is seeking a team-oriented, self-starter to join our national I.T. Department as an Internal Solution Consultant. This position reports to the Director of Client Services and caries the primary responsibility of understanding the firm’s technology, and various practices, and then using that knowledge to identify, define, design, and implement highly available solutions that meet client and firm needs.
This position can be located in the following Kutak Rock office locations: Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Fayetteville, Irvine, Kansas City, Little Rock, Los Angeles, Omaha, Richmond, Scottsdale or Washington, D.C.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all firm systems
- Meet with working groups to better understand practice areas and client needs
- Collaborate with lawyers and staff at all levels of the firm to identify opportunities for improving client experiences, and operational efficiencies using available systems
- Participate in the development of custom solutions making use of data from a variety of sources, including SQL databases, APIs, etc.
- Develop plans and budgets related to implementation of developed solutions
- Collaborate with other I.T. leaders to ensure that client and firm technical needs are being met efficiently
- Analyze and determine application needs
- Test and evaluate application and PC configurations as related to possible opportunities for operational improvement
- Provide instruction and/or documentation for developed solutions and communicate same to firm support and training teams
- Identify and communicate with leadership, opportunities to improve existing toolsets
- Assist with the development and maintenance of vendor relationships
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Regular travel and occasional work outside of normal business hours
Requirements and qualifications
The ideal candidate should possess and/or demonstrate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience communicating and collaborating with all layers of an organization
- Project management and strong organizational skills are a must
- Expert-level experience with MS Windows, MS Office, and NetDocuments are required
Bachelor’s Degree and/or advanced technical training preferred but not required.
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.