Kutak Rock's Washington, DC office is seeking qualified candidates for a litigation paralegal.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Directly assisting department attorneys with various facets of trial preparation.
- May include drafting pleadings, discovery, briefs, memoranda and correspondence; assisting attorneys with deposition preparation and other discovery requests; preparing for and attending client meetings, document productions, depositions, hearings and trials; assisting clients in gathering documents responsive to the discovery phase of litigation; preparing summaries of depositions, documents and other records; assisting at trial by outlining testimony, organizing exhibits and preparing witnesses.
- Routine handling of correspondence;
- Maintaining telephone contact with clients and other members of the professional working group; and
- Maintaining the case management system to ensure all deadlines are met for assigned cases.
Requirements and qualifications:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree and at least five years' related work experience at a law firm or a corporate law. Candidates with real estate and/or banking/financial services experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with a high degree of organizational skills, as well as the ability to manage a high volume of work and show great attention to detail.
- Excellent keyboarding skills;
- Receive training and/or have hands-on experience with litigation support database programs and computer-assisted legal research databases.
- The expectation to work as part of a team with attorneys, legal assistants, secretaries and litigation support personnel;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- the ability to give instructions and follow through on multiple projects;
- Must be flexible to work overtime and under the pressure of deadlines as necessary.
- Some travel expected.
Interested and qualified candidates may apply using the link below.